Digital Campaigns and Engagement Manager
Position: Digital Campaigns and Engagement Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Communications Officer
Location: Washington DC
Direct Reports: N/A
Date Issued: December 11, 2017
Date Revised: NA
Polaris is a leader in the global fight to eradicate modern slavery. Named after the North Star that guided slaves to freedom in the United States, Polaris acts as a catalyst to systemically disrupt the human trafficking networks that rob human beings of their lives and their freedom. The Communications team translates the work we do to the outside world. We tell the story of what makes Polaris unique and also the story of human trafficking overall – what it is, what it isn’t – and how we can all be a part of the solution. We touch every department at Polaris, supporting, adding value and collaborating with corporate, celebrity and nonprofit partners to spread what we know, and make it matter.
Polaris Project is seeking a Digital Campaign and Content Manager to join the Communications team, to design and implement proactive, creative online strategies that both tell the world about our work fighting human trafficking and helps us to do that work better. On a day-to-day basis, this entails maintaining a steady stream of thoughtful, engaging and visually arresting social media content that highlights issues in human trafficking and Polaris’s programming for our stakeholders as ending human trafficking will require policy change and also cultural change. We want to harness the power of social media to influence those with the power to make a difference. These may be national and local political leaders, consumers, media and others we have yet to consider.
Successful candidates will have managed social media accounts as well as specific, action-oriented campaigns from start to finish. You will have the ability to work across departments to ensure all teams have an understanding of the value social media can add to their work and are excited to be part of the process of optimizing Polaris’s online presence and community.
- Design and implement digital campaigns with specific, measurable goals;
- Manage day-to-day content and posts to social media channels;
- Create compelling graphic and video content to support advocacy and mission-driven campaigns
- Utilize paid social media marketing platforms in alignment with specific campaigns;
- Identify, track and engage with social media influencers;
- Track social media analytics;
- Identify and implement opportunities for list and audience expansion;
- Manage external consultants to align digital strategy with web presence; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years of professional experience managing social media accounts for a business, government/legislative office, campaign and/or nonprofit;
- Portfolio of creative, mission-directed digital campaign products;
- Demonstrated experience with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, search engine optimization, and working with CMS and CRM tools;
- Capability of list growth and acquisition;
- Proficient in use of tools such as Salesforce, Engaging Networks; etc.
- Success in designing and executing measurable advocacy or targeted awareness campaign; and
- Ability to work well with diverse internal and external constituencies and collaborate and communicate across teams.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CMSS; and
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Survivors of human trafficking encouraged to apply;
- Subject to a criminal background check;
- Subject to a probationary term contingent on training performance; and
- Request for three professional and/or personal references.
The work of Polaris is grounded in a set of values and organizational beliefs that provide a common starting point for all of our activities. At Polaris, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about combating all forms of human trafficking and who will strive to embody and model these values within the Polaris community and in the anti-trafficking field. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with these values and our mission statement before submitting your application. You can find a full description of our values here.