Our new statistics report provides 2015 data from the National Human Trafficking Resource Center hotline, Polaris's BeFree Textline, and communications referencing overseas cases.
- In 2015, the National Human Trafficking Resource Center received 21,947 calls, 1,535 webforms, and 1,275 emails.
- The BeFree Textline received 1,472 SMS messages.
- Of the above signals, 5,973 referenced potential cases of human trafficking.
- Human trafficking occurred in all 50 states in 2015.
- 252 of the human trafficking cases reported occurred overseas.
- In total, 25,696 trafficking cases have been reported through the NHTRC and Polaris’s BeFree Textline since December 2007.
- More than 1,600 survivors of human trafficking reached out for help in 2015—a 24% increase over 2014.
- The top venue for sex trafficking was commercial front brothels.
- The top industry for labor trafficking was domestic work.
You can view the resource below.