Government Relations and Public Policy Fellow
The Government Relations and Public Policy Fellow will recommend an evaluative framework to measure our team’s overall impact. This work will include recommending specific measures against which we can assess our work to elevate the Polaris brand across the U.S. government and ensuring the U.S. government take steps to protect vulnerable classes against trafficking and combating human trafficking overall.
Please note that all fellowships are unpaid, generally last 10 - 12 weeks and are located in Washington, DC.
- Conduct desk-based research on best practices for evaluating goals of government relations work;
- Recommend most valuable evaluative measures to measure short and long-term impact of the Government Relations and Public Policy team;
- Identify specific evaluative measures in two related areas of our work: advancing the U.S. as a model to combat trafficking, and combating human trafficking in Mexico
- Provide summary report on recommendations
- Perform any other duties as assigned;
- Participation in individual and/or group projects.
- Familiarity with federal and state legislative systems;
- Strong commitment to human trafficking issues;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong writing skills;
- Reliability and organizational skills; and
- Willingness to commit to at least 25 hours per week
- Experience in designing evaluations for government relations or policy work;
- Experience in research, evaluation and public policy
The work of Polaris is grounded in a set of values and organizational beliefs that provide a common starting point for all of our activities. At Polaris, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about combating all forms of human trafficking and who will strive to embody and model these values within the Polaris community and in the anti-trafficking field. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with these values and our mission statement before submitting your application. You can find a full description of our values here.