There are many things you can do to help end massage parlor trafficking. Some include:
1. Advocate for sound laws regulating massage businesses.
- Call your city council member and let them know you want strong laws to prevent trafficking and protect victims.
2. Call out the press for exposing victims. Let newspaper reporters and editors know they should not publicize the names of women arrested for “prostitution” at massage parlors.
- Write a quick Letter to the Editor like this one we had published in the Chicago Tribune
- Call out bad reporting on social media using the hashtag #massageparlortrafficking
3. Share what you know and shut down “happy endings” jokes. We are all responsible for shifting our culture to one that treats human trafficking as a serious problem, not a joke
- Share our fact sheet on massage parlor trafficking.
- Call out “happy endings” jokes on social media using the hashtag #massageparlortrafficking