You can modify or cancel your monthly donation at any time. If you would like to make a change to your monthly donation or update your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.790.6234
If you would like to mail your donation, make check payable to Polaris, and please use this address:
Gift Processing Center
P.O Box 392710
Pittsburgh, PA 15251-9700
Yes. In fact, we encourage all donors to make a recurring donation if possible. These gifts provide us with critical ongoing resources to carry out our mission. You can choose to make a recurring donation on our donation page.
Polaris accepts gifts of stocks and securities that have appreciated in value. This type of gift is a simple and popular way for donors to access significant tax benefits while supporting the work we do to help survivors of human trafficking.
Stock information: Charles Schwab | Account# 97565251 | DTC# 0164
Please be sure to include your name and address on the transfer order so that we can acknowledge your gift.
If your donation failed to process after completing the transaction, it is likely that information provided, such as the credit card identification number or address, did not match exactly with what is on file at your bank. For further assistance, you may contact our Development Department at 202-790-6234, or email us. For a quicker response, please have the details of your transaction ready when you contact us.
Yes. When you make your donation online, you will see a confirmation page and receive an email confirmation, either one of which may be used as an official receipt. If you mail in your contribution, we will send you an acknowledgment letter which you can expect within 1-2 weeks after we receive your contribution.
What is Polaris’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number?
Our Employer Identification Number is 03-0391561.
Polaris is awarded the highest rating from Better Business Bureau and Guidestar and is highly rated by Charity Navigator for being fiscally responsible and financially healthy.
Yes. Please visit our other ways to give page.
Yes. Click here for more information on how companies and corporations can give to and partner with Polaris.
Yes. To learn more on how you can fundraise for us please go to our fundraising page.
Yes. Polaris is exempt from federal income taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable under the law.
For a limited time, the CARES Act allows those who do not itemize their donations to deduct up to $300 in charitable giving. You can find out more information here.
Yes, there are many other ways you can support us, including:
- Amazon Smile: When you shop on Amazon.com and choose Polaris, we receive a portion of your purchase as a donation. Visit smile.amazon.com and select Polaris as the charitable organization you wish to receive donations from your purchases. Amazon will remember your selection, and every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation. You can continue to shop as you normally would, knowing that your money is going to support Polaris programs and services.
- Marriott Rewards Points: If you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can donate your points to Polaris using this link. Points are converted to a monetary donation that go toward supporting the work we do to end human trafficking and support survivors.
- Delta SkyMiles: If you are a Delta SkyMiles member, you can donate your miles to Polaris through the SkyWish program. Donated miles go directly to the National Human Trafficking Hotline and are used to purchase flights for survivors of human trafficking who need to travel to escape their trafficking situation, attend a long-term recovery program, reunite with loved ones, testify in court against their trafficker, work as an advocate in the anti-trafficking field, and more. To donate your miles, click on this link, scroll down, and select Polaris.
- Wyndham Rewards Points: If you are a Wyndham Rewards member, you can donate points to Polaris. There is a shortage of shelter options in the United States, especially for victims of human trafficking. Donated Wyndham Rewards points go directly to the National Human Trafficking Hotline, where they are used to book rooms for survivors of human trafficking who are in need of immediate or emergency shelter options. Click on this link to donate your Wyndham Rewards points.
- Choice Hotel Points: If you are a Choice Privileges member, you can donate your points to Polaris using this link. Points are converted to a monetary donation that goes toward supporting the work we do to end human trafficking and support survivors.
- Facebook: Ask for donations to Polaris in honor of your birthday via Facebook fundraising. It’s a fun and easy way to celebrate your big day and an important cause.
- Fundraise: Start a fundraiser for Polaris and raise money for any occasion from friends, family, colleagues, and others.
If you have any other donor related questions or concerns that we did not address please contact us or call 202.790.6234.
A copy of the latest financial report, registration filed by this organization, and a description of our programs and activities may be obtained by contacting us at PO Box 65323, Washington, DC 20035, 202-790-6300. Polaris was formed in Rhode Island. If you are a resident of one of the following states, you may obtain financial information directly from the state agency:
Florida: A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATE, 1-800-435-7352 (800-HELP-FLA), OR VISITING www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Florida Registration #CH35548
Georgia: A full and fair description of our programs and our financial statement summary is available upon request at our office and phone number indicated above.
Maryland::For the cost of copies and postage, from the Office of the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401.
Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of Polaris Project may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-888-236-6167. Registration by the Secretary of State does not imply endorsement.
Nevada: Contributions may be tax deductible pursuant to the provisions of sec. 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, 26 U.S.C. Ī170(c).
New Jersey:: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING (973) 504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm. REGISTRATION WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT.
New York: Upon request, from the Attorney General Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.
North Carolina: Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 1-919-814-5400. The license is not an endorsement by the state.
Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of Polaris Project may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999.
Virginia: From the State Office of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218.
Washington: From the Secretary of State at 1-800-332-4483 or http://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/
West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305.
Wisconsin: A financial statement of the charitable organization disclosing assets, liabilities, fund balances, revenue and expenses for the preceding fiscal year will be provided to any person upon request.
REGISTRATION WITH A STATE AGENCY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THAT STATE.