Q. I would like to make a donation. How do I do that?
If you would like to make a donation please go our donation page.
Q. How do I update or change my monthly donation?
You can modify or cancel your monthly donation at any time. If you would like to make a change to your monthly donation or update your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.790.6234
Q. How do I donate by check or money order?
If you would like to mail your donation, make check payable to Polaris, and please use this address:
Gift Processing Center
P.O Box 392710
Pittsburgh, PA 15251-9700
Q. Can I make a recurring online donation?
Yes. In fact, we encourage all donors to make a recurring donations if possible. You can choose to make a recurring donation on our donation page.
Q. Can I make a gift of appreciated securities to Polaris?
Polaris accepts gifts of stocks and securities that have appreciated in value. This type of gift is a simple and popular way for donors to access significant tax benefits while supporting the work we do to help survivors of human trafficking.
Stock information: Charles Schwab | Account# 97565251 | DTC# 0164
Please be sure to include your name and address on the transfer order so that we can acknowledge your gift.
Q. My donation did not process. What do I do?
If your donation failed to process after completing the transaction, it is likely that information provided, such as the credit card identification number or address, did not match exactly with what is on file at your bank. For further assistance, you may contact our Development Department at 202-790-6234, or email us. For a quicker response, please have the details of your transaction ready when you contact us.
Q. Will I get a receipt for my donation?
Yes. When you make your donation online, you will see a confirmation page and receive an email confirmation, either one of which may be used as an official receipt. If you mail in your contribution, we will send you an acknowledgement letter which you can expect within 1-2 weeks after we receive your contribution.
Q. Is my information secure using the donation portal?
Q. What will my donation support?
Click this link to learn more.
Q. What is Polaris’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number?
Our Employer Identification Number is 03-0391561.
Q. What is your Charity Navigator rating?
Polaris has been awarded the highest rating of 4 stars by Charity Navigator for 8 consecutive years for being fiscally responsible and financially healthy. Only 2% of rated charities have achieved this recognition.
Q. Can Polaris accept a matching gift from my company?
Yes. Please visit our other ways to give page.
Q. Can my company make a donation to Polaris?
Yes. Click here for more information on how companies and corporations can give to and partner with Polaris.
Q. Can I hold a personal fundraiser for Polaris?
Yes. To learn more on how you can fundraise for us please go our fundraise page.
Q. Is my gift tax deductible?
Yes. Polaris is exempt from federal income taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable under the law.
Q. I can’t donate cash or stock. Are there other ways I can support Polaris?
Yes, there are many other ways you can support us, including:
- Amazon Smile: When you shop on Amazon.com and choose Polaris, we receive a portion of your purchase as a donation. Visit smile.amazon.com and select Polaris as the charitable organization you wish to receive donations from your purchases. Amazon will remember your selection, and every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation. You can continue to shop as you normally would, knowing that your money is going to support Polaris programs and services.
- Marriott Rewards Points: If you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can donate your points to Polaris using this link. Points are converted to a monetary donation that go toward supporting the work we do to end human trafficking and support survivors.
- Delta SkyMiles If you are a Delta SkyMiles member, you can donate your miles to Polaris through the SkyWish program. Donated miles go directly to the National Human Trafficking Hotline and are used to purchase flights for survivors of human trafficking who need to travel to escape their trafficking situation, attend a long-term recovery program, reunite with loved ones, testify in court against their trafficker, work as an advocate in the anti-trafficking field, and more. To donate your miles, click on this link, scroll down, and select Polaris.
- Wyndham Rewards Points: If you are a Wyndham Rewards member, you can donate points to Polaris. There is a shortage of shelter options in the United States, especially for victims of human trafficking. Donated Wyndham Rewards points go directly to the National Human Trafficking Hotline, where they are used to book rooms for survivors of human trafficking who are in need of immediate or emergency shelter options. Click on this link to donate your Wyndham Rewards points.
- Facebook: Ask for donations to Polaris in honor of your birthday via Facebook fundraising. It’s a fun and easy way to celebrate your big day and an important cause.
- Fundraise: Start a fundraiser to Polaris and raise money for any occasion from friends, family, colleagues, and others.
Q. Will Polaris rent, sell, or trade my personal information?
If you have any other donor related questions or concerns that we did not address please contact us or call 202.790.6234.
A copy of the latest financial report, registration filed by this organization, and a description of our programs and activities may be obtained by contacting us at: PO Box 65323, Washington, DC 20035, 202-790-6300. Polaris was formed in Rhode Island. If you are a resident of one of the following states, you may obtain financial information directly from the state agency:
Florida: A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATE, 1-800-435-7352 (800-HELP-FLA), OR VISITING www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Florida Registration # CH35548.
Georgia: A full and fair description of our programs and our financial statement summary is available upon request at our office and phone number indicated above.
Maryland: For the cost of copies and postage, from the Office of the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401.
Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of Polaris Project may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-888-236-6167. Registration by the Secretary of State does not imply endorsement.
Nevada: Contributions may be tax deductible pursuant to the provisions of sec. 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, 26 U.S.C. §170(c).
New Jersey: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING
973-504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT:http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm. REGISTRATION WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT.
New York: Upon request, from the Attorney General’s Charities Bureau, 28 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10005,
1-212-416-8686 or www.charitiesnys.com.
North Carolina: Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 1-919-814-5400. The license is not an endorsement by the state.
Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of Polaris Project may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
Virginia: From the State Division of Consumer Affairs, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Services, PO Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218.
Washington: From the Secretary of State at 1-800-332-4483 or http://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/.
West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305. Registration does not imply endorsement.
Wisconsin: A financial statement of the charitable organization disclosing assets, liabilities, fund balances, revenue and expenses for the preceding fiscal year will be provided to any person upon request.
REGISTRATION WITH A STATE AGENCY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THAT STATE.