From 2011 to 2014, Polaris rated all 50 states and the District of Columbia based on 10 categories of laws that are critical to a basic legal framework that combats human trafficking, punishes traffickers and supports survivors.
- Download our summary report: A Look Back: Building a Human Trafficking Legal Framework
- Download our 2014 state ratings
- Download our 2013 state ratings
- Download our 2013 report: Analysis of State Human Trafficking Laws
- Download our 2012 state ratings
- Download our 2011 state ratings
Model Legislation & Issue Briefs
For a comprehensive model law that can guide state legislatures when drafting legislation to combat human trafficking in the United States, please see the Uniform Law Commission’s Uniform Act on Human Trafficking.
Or learn more about how to strengthen state laws on these individual issues:
|Law Enforcement Engagement||Assisting Victims||Building Institutional Capacity|
|Asset Forfeiture||Safe Harbor||Task Forces|
|Tools for Law Enforcement||Victim Assistance||Training|